Calmbirth® Education Classes
Calmbirth® Childbirth Education Classes
23rd & 24th June 2018
14th & 15th July 2018
28th & 29th July 2018
11th & 12th August 2018
25th & 26th August 2018
Private classes can be arranged outside of course dates
The Calmbirth® class is part of an inspirational childbirth education program designed to guide expectant parents on how to use techniques such as deep relaxation, focused breathing and other inner resources they naturally possess to create their birth experience.
Suitable for those birthing for the first time or subsequent births, the Calmbirth® philosophy is based on the belief that pregnancy, labour and birth are normal life events that can be experienced calmly and joyfully. It recognises the importance of the need for parents to prepare mentally and emotionally for birth, to assist a mother's body to birth her baby.
Throughout the class, an environment is created whereby participants can review and expand upon their understanding and beliefs about birth and learn techniques to assist them to manage their labour. These techniques become life skills which can be used in childbirth and beyond, to increase awareness and responsiveness to new ideas – valuable tools for after childbirth.
- The physiology of birth and how a woman's body is designed to function in labour
- How to eliminate the fear, anxiety and tension that can inhibit labour and birth
- Simple, effective breathing techniques to relax and work with your body in labour
- The important role played by fathers/partners or other birthing companions
- Enlightening insight into bonding and the developing parent/baby relationship
Calmbirth* Childbirth Education Program
- Classes are run over two days
- Optimal time to attend classes is between 24 - 34 weeks gestation
- Class participants receive a Calmbirth® book and relaxation audio tracks to assist with technique practice after the class
- Places are limited so book early to secure your place
- Cost: $550 per couple including morning and afternoon tea
Calmbirth® Refresher Program
- This is a one day course for couples who have attended a Calmbirth® course previously
- Course duration is 5-6 hours
- Classes can be held privately in the comfort of your own home
- Class includes discussion and debriefing of previous birth experience(s) and revision of the principles of the Calmbirth® Program
- Cost: $195 per couple including morning tea
"The Calmbirth® class was AMAZING! I would strongly recommend it to everyone I know. It completely changed our outlook and made our first birth the most wonderful and amazing experience. I can't wait to have more children the same way"
"I had the most wonderful birthing experience, it was the greatest achievement of my life! Thanks to Calmbirth®, both myself and partner were 100% prepared for the labour."
"I felt so in control, I felt I knew what to expect and could visualise what was happening with my labour at each stage so this made me feel very secure"